Terms and conditions
- CRYPTOPOLITICS online service is made available by VOTELAB SAS, company with a capital of 1,024.00 euros, registered in the Libourne Trade and Companies Register under number 890 026 974, domiciled at 13 Pey du Prat 33420 Grézillac;
- Director of publication: Mr Christophe CAMBORDE;
- Hosting: Amazon Web Services;
- Contact : [email protected]
Article 1 – Definitions
- 1.1.1 For the purposes of these T&Cs, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- Refers to the User acquiring a Collectible on Cryptopolitics’s Marketplace
- Refers to the digital cards featuring a Cryptopolitics character available within the Service as well as their accessories and the underlying tokens that can be used on a blockchain.
- Service of issuance and exchange of collectible digital cards on blockchain.
- Refers to any digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange on blockchain and accepted in payment throughout the Services.
- Refers to any currency being legal tender (euro, dollar,pounds).
- Refers to the non-fungible token, which represents the Collectible digital card (also known as crypto-good or crypto-collectible). This token ensures the scarcity of the Collectible and the transparency of the Services.
- Refers to every service accessible on the Website and provided by Cryptopolitics.
- Terms and Conditions or (T&Cs)
- Refers to this document. These Terms and Conditions constitute a legally binding agreement (hereinafter, the "T&Cs") between you and Cryptopolitics (as defined above) governing your access to and use of the Website and all associated Services.
- Third-Party Rights
- Refers to any third party patent rights, image rights, copyrights, trade secrets, trademarks, know-how or any other intellectual property rights recognised in any country or jurisdiction in the world, and, in particular, the rights that may be associated with the Collectibles.
- Third-Party Services
- Refers to any natural person or legal person using the services offered by the Service or visiting its website with a full legal capacity.
- Refers to Votelab SAS, a French company (société par actions simplifiée) with a capital of 1,024.00 euros, registered in the Libourne Trade and Companies Register under number 890 026 974, domiciled at 13 Pey du Prat 33420 Grézillac, France. It operates Cryptopolitics online service.
- Refers to the website www.cryptopolitics.com including any subdomains thereof, and any other websites through which Votelab makes its services available.
Article 2 – Scope
You are expected to read these T&Cs carefully and accept them entirely.
- 2.1.1 Cryptopolitics is an online website that enables Users to acquire, collect, exchange and play collectibles digital cards featuring Cryptopolitics characters designated, for the purposes hereof, as the Collectibles and materialized on NFTs. The service is available on the website https://cryptopolitics.com.
- 2.1.2 These T&Cs apply, without restriction or reservation, to any use of the Services offered by Votelab on the Website to all. When the User chooses to create an account on the Website, he/she fully and unconditionally accepts these T&Cs.
- 2.1.3 The User acknowledges that he/she has the capacity to contract and to use the Services in his/her country and declares that he/she has read and accepted the T&Cs by ticking the box provided for this purpose. The account creation by the User constitutes acceptance without restriction or reservation of these T&Cs.
- 2.1.4 Unless proven otherwise, and as an evidence agreement, the data recorded in the Votealb computer system constitutes proof of all transactions concluded within the Services by the User.
- 2.1.5 These T&Cs are accessible at any time on the Website and will prevail over any other version or any other contradictory document.
- 2.1.6 The Website may contain links or content from Third-Party Services. Such Third-Party Services may be subject to different terms and conditions and privacy practices. Votelab is not responsible or liable for the availability or accuracy of such Third-Party Services, or the content, products, or services available from such Third-Party Services. Links to such Third-Party Services are not an endorsement by Cryptopolitics of such Third-Party Services.
Article 3 – Scope
Article 3.1 – Creation and access
- 3.1.1 Any User can create an account on the Website by:
- providing his/her e-mail address;
- accepting the T&Cs
- 3.1.2 Votelab shall not be held liable for the loss or theft of a password by the User, or by the resulting account impersonation. It is the User's responsibility to take all measures to secure access to the login and password of their account. Users are strongly encouraged to set up two-factor authentication. The User is responsible for the actions of any person using his account, including without his/her prior consent. He/she agrees to report any fraudulent use of his/her account, login or password to Votelab as quickly as possible.
- 3.1.3 The Service provides each account with a unique and personal wallet to ensure the conservation and the use of Collectibles and Cryptocurrencies in order to facilitate the use of the Services (the “Wallet”).
- 3.1.4 Users are free to use the Wallet to execute transactions in connection with the use of the Services. He/She may credit or debit the Wallet from an external wallet with his/her own Cryptocurrency and Collectibles at any time.
Article 3.2 – Deletion
- 3.2.1 The User may, at any time, request the deletion of his/her account under the conditions set out by the Website.
- 3.2.2 The deletion of an account may result in the irreversible deletion of all User data associated with the account, as well as the associated Wallet and, thus, Collectibles and Cryptocurrencies stored. Thus, deletion of the account, regardless of the cause, may result in the permanent loss of Collectibles and Cryptocurrencies. Users are required to save their Collectibles and Cryptocurrencies stored on the Wallet on an external wallet before any deletion procedure.
Article 3.3 – Suspension
- 3.3.1 Without excluding other coercive measures, Votelab reserves the right to temporarily or permanently suspend a User account in case of breach of these T&Cs by the User, unfair, fraudulent, criminal or harmful behaviour, and in particular but not exclusively, in the following cases:
- the User does not comply with all or part of these T&Cs;
- the User conducts auctions that are not carried out with the aim of purchasing a Collectible and prove to be of a nature to disrupt the proper functioning of the Services;
- the User carries out suspicious transactions, in particular by repeatedly buying or selling his/her Collectibles at prices that are clearly out of line with the market;
- the User is suspected of fraud;
- the User abuses or attempts to abuse the Referral program;
- the User's login and password have been transmitted to third parties;
- the User uses several distinct accounts.
- 3.3.2 In case of suspension, Votelab informs the User of the measure by e-mail to the e-mail address associated with the account, indicating (i) the reason for the suspension, (ii) its scope, (iii) its permanent or temporary nature and, in the latter case, (iv) its duration.
- 3.3.3 In case of permanent suspension, the User has a period of thirty (30) days to proceed with withdrawals from his Wallet to an external wallet, at the end of which the account may be deleted under the conditions set out in clause 3.2. of the T&Cs.
- 3.3.4 Votelab has the right to ask the User to provide explanations about the account activity considered suspicious. The User has the right to provide Votelab with any useful information concerning the account activity considered as suspicious. In case of dispute concerning a suspension measure, the User is invited to contact, before any other action, the support team ([email protected]).
Article 3.4 – Referral program
- 3.4.1 Cryptopolitics offers its Users the possibility to participate in the referral program governed by this clause (the “Referral Program"). The Referral Program offers Users (the “Referrer”) the opportunity to earn rewards by inviting others (the “Referee”) to use the Services.
- 3.4.2 Participation in the Referral Program is subject to the following conditions:
- the Referrer has a legitimate account on the Website;
- the Referrer complies with these T&Cs and expressly accepts the terms of the Referral Program;
- 3.4.3 To be considered valid (the "Qualified Referral"), the referral must meet the following conditions: i) the Referee has created an account by accessing the Website through the Referrer's Referral Link and has accepted all of these T&Cs without reserve; ii) the Referral Link used by the Referee has never been promoted, directly or indirectly, through or with the help of paid advertising; iii) the Referee is a new user, which implies that (i) he has never created an account before and (ii) he is not in the process of creating an account; iv) the Referee has purchased five (5) Collectibles on the primary market; it is specified that purchases made on the Marketplace are not taken into account.
- 3.4.4 In case of a Qualified Referral, both the Referrer and the Referee will receive one (1) limited Collectible as a reward (the “Referral Reward”). The Collectible awarded as a Referral Reward is selected on a completely random basis. For the avoidance of doubt, referrals that do not qualify as Qualified Referral are not eligible for any reward.
- 3.4.5 Except for delays due to technical reasons, Referral Rewards are paid out within fourteen (14) days of the date on which the Referee purchased its fifth Collectible on the primary market.
- 3.4.6 In case of fraud or attempted fraud (especially in case of multiple accounts) or violation of these T&Cs, Votelab reserves the right to suspend the account and ban the user from the Referral Program of the concerned Users under the conditions provided for in these T&Cs, without prejudice to any legal action that may be taken by Cryptopolitics against the concerned User.
- 3.4.7 The conditions and benefits set out in this Article may, at any time and without prior notice, be unilaterally amended or deleted by Votelab through amendments to this Article.
Article 4 – Services
Cryptopolitics allows you to collect Cryptopolitics character cards and their accessories, after finding them through extensive scouting, and before you can play them in fantasy political tournaments.
Article 4.1 – Collectible features and characteristics
Collectibles are issued by Cryptopolitics based on a level of scarcity specified on each item. For instance, a Collectible may be common, rare, epic, legendary or eternal, regarding the total number of items offered. The scarcity of a Collectible is guaranteed by the underlying NFT, that can be monitored directly on the blockchain.
Collectibles may be subject to changes decided by Cryptopolitics (visual or feature or ability to participate in the game) based on real-life events, which does not impact the uniqueness of the related NFT. Cryptopolitics may offer exchanges/swap of collectibles to users in the event of withdrawal of the game of a character.
Article 4.2 – Issuance of Collectible
- 4.2.1 Votelab offers the sale of Collectible packs, called “CyP chest” on Cryptopolitics platform. The Collectibles included in the pack are not specified before the sale.
- 4.2.2 The non-professional User has a right of withdrawal that can be exercised within fourteen (14) days after the conclusion of the contract pursuant to the provisions of Article L. 221-18 of the French Consumer Code. However, given the digital nature of the Collectibles and the immediate delivery of the Collectibles after purchase, the withdrawal period provided for in Articles L. 221-18 et seq. of the French Consumer Code and the article 9 of the European directive related to Consumer Right Protection shall not apply.
- 4.2.3 BY PURCHASING A COLLECTIBLE ON THE WEBSITE, THE USER EXPRESSLY WAIVES HIS/HER RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL.
Article 4.3 – Transfer and exchange
- 4.3.1 User has the possibility to withdraw his/her Collectibles from his/her account, as well as to exchange his/her Collectibles on the Marketplace or through a Third-Party Service, such as a third-party marketplace.
- 4.3.2 Votelab is not liable for any damage that may occur during the transfer, withdrawal or exchange of Collectibles outside the Website.
Article 4.4 – Support
- 4.4.1 Support is available on the Website.
- 4.4.2 Cryptopolitics undertakes to respond as quickly as possible, depending on the number of requests in process.
Article 5 – Liability of the Users
- 5.1.1 The User guarantees Votelab against any breach, exceeding the foreseeable risk, that could result from the use of the Services.
- 5.1.2 The User undertakes to use the Services only in accordance with the T&Cs. It is not authorized to reconstruct the Services, decompile, disassemble or circumvent the technical restrictions it contains, except to the extent that such operations would be permitted by applicable laws.
- 5.1.3 The User guarantees Votelab against fraudulent, unfair or bad faith use of the service, in particular if this interferes with the use of the service by other Users.
Article 6 – Liability of Cryptopolitics
Article 6.1 – Disclaimer
- 6.1.1 Users expressly understands and agrees that access to and use of the Services is at the User's own risk, and that the Services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, except as otherwise provided by law.
- 6.1.2 To the fullest extent permitted by law, Votelab does not represent or warrant that: (i) access to or use of the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free; (ii) usage data provided by the Services or on the Website will always be accurate; (iii) the Services are free of malwares or other harmful components.
- 6.1.3 Users accept the security risks inherent in the provision of information, online trading on the internet and experimental technologies such as blockchains and non-fungible tokens, and agree that Cryptopolitics shall not be liable for any breach of security unless caused by gross negligence on the part of Votelab.
- 6.1.4 Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties in consumer contracts, so some or all of the above exclusions may not apply to all Users.
Article 6.2 – Disclaimer
- 6.2.1 As a hosting provider, Votelab is subject to a limited liability regime as provided by the EU Directive of the 8 june 2000 (2000/31/EC) on E-commerce.
- 6.2.2 Therefore, Votelab cannot be held liable for the content released by the Users as well as the contents exchanged between them and gives no guarantee, express or implicit, in this respect. Votelab is a third party to Users relationships and thereby excludes any liability in this regard.
Article 6.3 – Liability
- 6.3.1 Votelab undertakes to implement all the necessary means to ensure the best delivery of the Services provided. However, Votelab can only be bound by an obligation of best endeavour.
- 6.3.2 In the event of failure of Votelab, it shall be liable only for direct and reasonably foreseeable damage, unless otherwise provided by law or regulation. Indirect damages that may result from failure or use of the Service are expressly excluded.
- 6.3.3 In any event, Votelab may not, unless otherwise provided by law or regulation, be held liable beyond the amounts invoiced to the User during the last twelves months.
- 6.3.4 In particular, unless otherwise provided by law or regulation, Votelab shall not be held liable for:
- breakdowns or malfunctions of the Services lasting less than 24 hours or that are not the responsibility of Votelab;
- data, Collectibles or Cryptocurrencies losses of Users not being imputable to Votelab, in particular, but not exclusively, in the event of hacking of the User's account due to negligence in the conservation of his connection details.;
- an unusual or illegal use of the services offered, by a third party or by a User;
- direct or indirect damage resulting from the use of the Services offered;
- a malfunction or cyberattack;
- the harmful consequences of an account suspension carried out under the conditions set out in Article 3.3 of these T&Cs;
- an adverse event during the auction, both in the course of the process and at the stage of establishing the floor price and the final price ;
- any case of force majeure, within the meaning of Article 1218 of the French civil code, including a failure of the blockchain protocol used to run the Services.
Article 7 – Termination
- 7.1.1 The User may terminate these T&Cs at any time by requesting the deletion of his/her account pursuant to Article 3.2 of these T&Cs.
- 7.1.2 Votelab may at any time, for any reason and in its sole discretion, terminate these T&Cs and suspend the Services without notice. Users agree, to the fullest extent permitted by law, that any suspension or termination of access to the Services may be without notice, and that Cryptopolitics shall not be liable for the consequences of any such suspension or termination.
- 7.1.3 In case of termination of these T&Cs or suspension of a User's account, Votelab will provide Users with the opportunity to withdraw their Collectibles and Cryptocurrencies, unless the termination or suspension of the account was decided due to a violation of these T&Cs by the User or due to any alleged fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity. In the latter case, the termination and/or suspension of the account will be without prejudice to any other legal action that Votelab may take against the User.
Article 8 – Cryptopolitics’s content
- 8.1.1 All intellectual property rights on the Website content, excluding the Users generated content, are Votelab’s property. They are provided free of charge within the exclusive framework of the use of the Services. Therefore, any use of these contents without the prior permission of Votelab is unlawful.
- 8.1.2 Votelab is the service’s database producer. Any unauthorized extraction or reproduction is prohibited.
- 8.1.3 The User is the definitive owner of the NFT that he purchases in accordance with these T&Cs, in a legitimate manner and in good faith.
- 8.1.4 Notwithstanding any contrary provisions in these T&Cs, the User has the right to freely dispose of the NFTs he/she owns (sale, loan, donation, transfer, etc.).
- 8.1.5 Except as otherwise expressly provided, use of the Services or purchase of a Collectible does not confer any ownership or other rights in the content, code, data or other materials on the Website that may be accessed through it nor over the Services or over Votelab's rights or Third-Party Rights that may be associated with the Services
- 8.1.6 Subject to compliance with these T&Cs, the User is authorized, on a non-exclusive basis, to use, reproduce and display the Collectible Related Rights associated with the Collectibles represented by the NFTs that he/she legitimately owns, for personal and non-commercial purposes only.
- 8.1.7 Under no circumstances may the User, without Votelab's prior written consent, do or attempt to do any of the following to the Collectibles, whether or not owned by the User: (i) use the Collectible and all Collectible Related Rights associated with Collectibles owned by him/her for commercial purposes, advertising or promotion of a third party product or service; (ii) market merchandise, physical or digital, that represents the purchased Collectible; (iii) alter the image associated with the Collectible; (iv) attempt to claim any additional intellectual property rights relating to the Collectible.
- 8.1.8 Furthermore, the User understands and agrees that additional restrictions on the use of Collectibles representing Third-Party Rights may be later imposed to ensure compliance with the license granted by the owner of the relevant rights. User expressly agrees to comply with all such restrictions from the date of email notification of such restrictions by Cryptopolitics.
Article 9.1 – Personal data
- 9.1.1 Information which directly or indirectly identifies Users (hereinafter "Personal data") is processed by Cryptopolitics in connection with User’s use of the Services, including by means of cookies.
Article 9.2 – Cookies
- 9.2.1 During the consultation of the Website, cookies may be registered on the User's electronic communications equipment to make the website use easier and to collect statistics relating to attendance and access.
- 9.2.2 Cookies are text files that the website records on the terminal in order to store various technical data to facilitate the Website use and to collect statistical information about its Users.
- 9.2.3 Users are informed beforehand of the store on their terminal information. Users are free to accept or refuse the storage of cookies. Continuing to navigate on the Website after having been informed means that the User accepts the data collection.
Article 10 – Hyperlink
The Service may contain hypertext links redirecting to third party sites. The Service has no control over these sites and declines all responsibility for access, content or use of these sites
Article 11 – Amendment
We will be able, in your interest or its own, to add, modify or delete its services but also the rules of the game.
- 11.1.1 Votelab may modify these T&Cs at any time. The applicable version of the T&Cs is the latest version published on the date of use of the Services. The version number and effective date of the T&Cs are indicated at the beginning of the document. Cryptopolitics will provide Users with notice of any material changes by email at least 15 days before the date they become effective. If Users do not agree with the revised T&Cs, they have the right to terminate the T&Cs immediately and cease using the Services, by sending an unambiguous email to that effect to [email protected] or by deleting their account under the terms of these T&Cs. For Users who have not terminated these T&Cs prior to the effective date of the revised T&Cs, the continuation of use of the Services shall constitute acceptance of the revised T&Cs.
- 11.1.2 Votelab reserves the right to modify or stop the accessibility of all or part of the Services and/or the Website or applications at any time.
Article 12 – Non waiver
- 12.1.1 Failure by Votelab at any time to require the other party to perform any of its obligations under these T&Cs will not affect the right of Votelab to request their execution thereafter.
- 12.1.2 The nullity of any clause of these T&Cs does not affect the validity and the obligation to respect the other clauses.
Article 13 – Jurisdiction and applicable law
Article 13.1 – Applicable law
- 13.1.1 These T&Cs are governed by French law solely
Article 13.2 – Dispute and Mediation
- 13.2.1 In the event of a dispute arise between Votelab and a User, the latter undertakes to inform the customer service department at the following address: [email protected] taking care to specify his contact details and to provide any information allowing to appreciate the origin and the implications of the dispute.
- 13.2.2 The User has the possibility to call an independent Ombudsman for free by sending a request to this effect, by email, to the address [email protected] or by mail to the Company’ address. Upon receipt, Votelab undertakes to organize a mediation as soon as possible.
- 13.2.3 The User can also contact the online dispute resolution service of the European Commission at the following address: ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.
Article 13.3 – Jurisdiction
- 13.3.1 In case of dispute, the Consumer may seize the competent jurisdiction with territorial jurisdiction under the law. In the event of no mandatory jurisdiction by the law, only the courts of the jurisdiction of the Court of Appeal of Libourne will be competent.